Once In A Lifetime
Gretchen's/Shixian's bdae Lunch @ NYNY, 24th February (Sunday)
Woke up and totally didn't feel like going to church today cause the fucked up feeling from yesterday didn't totally fade away. Rolled around in bed and received an sms from mel asking me who's going for the outing. At that moment: "What? Outing? Oh yeah Gretchen's/Shi Xian's Bdae lunch today... Who organised it again? Me? Uh... Oh I did!". Okay so I surprised myself with the surprise lunch i planned for SX/Gretchen. Stilling feeling like total shaet, I was like ARGH outing I'mma be LATE!!!
Met Delvin, Gretcheo and Denise at NYNY, Amk Hub. For once, I didn't have that uh-shit-nobody-is-coming-for-class-outing-again feeling. Even with an impromptu planning and with very little effort, I felt that the attendance would be higher than expected. Maybe our long separation made us keen on meeting up? So mel, Keith, JC, SX, Mark and Audrey came and joined us for lunch and we squeezed in this freaking small table meant for 7... Shared this crazy-ass-huge $30 burger with Veen and boy was it fucked up. Every bite yielded negative marginal utility (say yay to Econs!) after going through one quarter of it.
After talking loads of cock and having a great time hogging up 5 tables (we shifted) at NYNY, we decided to play pool (I wanted hokkien songs at K box but... oh well...). We talked more cock and had a greater time, while Keith was MIA from the tables cause of "injuries" (he was having a good time chatting with mel and I JUST had to disturb him... Sorry Keith!). Yeah so I played like a n00b and got trashed by Gretchen and Jun Chyi. -_-"
Felt great after that and I was reluctant to leave the group but was freakin' tired..
Ronin @ Esplanade Powerhouse
Met Mellavin and Sarah at City Hall (both our tendencies to be late somehow synchronised and we met "on time" while actually being very much later than the agreed time). Went to da bao a foot-long Italian BMT and we went to Esplanade hoping we didn't miss Ronin. We waited by the river in the hot humid weather to "chill" out but luckily Ronin came out soon after and there was no new singer! Ooo surprise surprise! Haha. Derryn was more or less the front man now and he rocked out socks away with his deep and sexy voice. Then Bang and Sean lent their vocal talents while drumming / playing and I've got to say that they did a really good job at controlling their tones while playing fairly complex parts on their instruments. However, I sorta missed Levan's weird antics on stage and a whole fuckin' line of "punctuations" though (fuck is an eg of a punctuation btw...). Anyway, the 4 members still remained as tight as ever and me and mella's guessing how Sean gets his tone. All three of us kinda agreed that Simon's screwing up the tightness of the whole band though... =/
After their rock solid performance we went around esplanade to find a cool chill-out place but everybody's closed (cept maybe Harry's which is expensive). We wandered around aimlessly and ended up at Marina Square's Mac where I finished my Subway... Ha!
We went home talking cock in the train. Well it seems this day's been full of cock which made me forget of some of the negative things brought up yesterday! I think we should treasure each and every enjoyable moment with friends and loved ones because isn't this what we're all living for?
Firelight it is burning so bright in the dark of the night
As we fight for the glory tonight there's nowhere to hide
On the wings of your destiny brings all the power you crave
Careful now if not you then who else will we save
Lost in this world total stranger
Death by the sword a common danger
You know that everything is not what it seems
March on all night forever searching
Daylight ahead is coming again
Break through the walls and use the power of your dreams
Once in a lifetime take a chance at the right time the glory to see
Rise up for the time of your life
Now the time has come for you to be free

No comments:
Post a Comment