The Ministry Of Lost Souls
Lazy to update recent events. New year was great, with work bogging me down and I don't have as much time as I would like to have practising.
Class outings are still happening once in a while. Turn-ups are better as compared to school days, with the usual few remaining MIA. I feel that its a waste of effort, energy, time and money to call these people but they're still class mates after all. I'll decide when to stop including them on the contacts list when plaining class outings when the time comes (shouldn't be too long from now).
Jamming with band'as been great too. I feel so noob playing with them cause they're god-lyke, especially Mr Chua Hock Lu aka Jordan Rudess. Brandon's getting stress by heavy workload from poly and sean still seem to be doing fine in J2.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DREAM THEATER CONCERT @ FORT CANNING, 17 January 2008
It was fantastic! I found the sound quite good last night. Was expecting a lil worse cuz I had the Yngwie's set impression stuck in my mind. Once again, Portnoy's drum was mic'ed and EQ'ed so well I sounded freaking awesome.
The animations in the background was hilarious. I wondered if portnoy did all those himself? Haha. Portnoy's spit, JP's fire guitar, JM's sub waves, Jordan R's Dumbledore longfingers and James L's vocals as weapons.. And Mike's drumset suddenly becoming a motor cycle! lol. Kudos to the backstage people also for perfectly synching the words for a particular song.
James Labrie's vocals sound different from studio albums. I would say it's a lil more raw last night and was better than that in the albums. JP's clean tone was teh seks, Piezo pups, stereo reverb etc, gave the vast out-spacy feel minus the cheapo sound.
The rain also added to the great ambience there! Wet hair nicer to head bang (which was a challenge cause of the time signatures). I wonder if their instruments and gear will get damaged cause when it was raining the heaviest, large sprays of mist went all over the stage. Thumbs up to DT for still carrying on and putting up a good show though their instruments were quite damp halfway through.
I have a few pics and vids, will see what to do with them later. I was surprised they allowed people to take photos and videos continuouly for the 1st hour before they sent those half naked ang mohs around to remind people not to take footages though. Haha!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay gonna jam on Sunday w/o our Jordan Rudess to cover our asses as he's in NS. We'll really hear how sucky we are then... I hope it won't be so bad, trying for Rockefella IV.
Remember me
I am the one
Who saved your life that night
I was the one who would not abandon you
Even in death i was the one who would not leave you
I used my freedom to protect you
And all the world around you
Do you remember me this time
Even in death I gave you life
I gave you life

No comments:
Post a Comment